Monday 10 August 2015

Layout Share #1

Hey everyone, welcome back!

Today's post is a quick layout share. I use 12x12 pages as title pages for the start of a new month in my daughters Project Life album. Today's layout is the July 2014 title page.



So why did I choose this photo? July is the month where Scarlett flashed us her first ever smile. I have so many variations of this photo but this one is my personal favourite. I love that she looks like she's smiling with her eyes too. Julys biggest milestone was Scarlett's first smile so I thought that this photo would be the perfect one for the July cover layout.

I wanted the photo to be the focal point of the layout and I find that the circle of triangles really draw your eye to the centre of the page. I left the rest of the page quite simple to contrast the busy middle section.


The paper is from the 2013 Crate Paper range 'The Open Road' and is called 'Road Map'. I picked this paper for its simple design, and muted colours.

The acetate triangles are from Pinkfresh Studios and are an item that I received in my June 'Like For Ever' subscription box. I've loved them ever since I first saw them but was unsure on how to use them. I saw a layout on Pinterest (which I will pin if you'd like to see it) where the creator had done a circle of circles. As soon as I saw it I just knew that the triangles would be perfect for it! I simply traced around a plate to get a circle on the paper and then glued the triangles over it.

The enamel dots and hearts are from The Range and added an extra piece of detail to the page and matched the colours of the acetate triangles quite well.

The word 'sweet' in the top corner is from PinkFresh Studios and is another item that I received in my June 'Like For Ever' subscription kit. I thought that the word was very fitting for the picture.

Finally, some simple black felt lettering from Hobbycraft to title the page. I chose black to tie in with the word at the top and also to emphasise the black detailing in the acetate triangles.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Charl x



Products Used:

Crate paper 'Open Road'
- http://www.emmaspaperie.com/product-p/papercp683490.htm
Pinkfresh Acetate Triangles
- http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/pinkfresh-studio-happy-things-triangle-acetate-die-cut-pieces-200515.html
Enamel Dots - http://www.craftsuperstore.co.uk/Papercrafting/Embellishments/Gemstones/Dovecraft-DCGE012.html
Pinkfresh Glitter Words
- http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/pinkfresh-studio-happy-things-black-glitter-foam-phrase-stickers-200515.html
Hobbycraft Felt Lettering
- http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/felt-alphabet-stickers-black/566518-1000

No comments:

Post a Comment